The following terms and conditions apply to all Joburg Shopping Festival (“the Promoter”) social media competitions.
1. All participants, by entering the competition(s), agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. Competitions are open to all persons, excluding employees of the Promoter and its partners and their immediate family.
3. Proof of identity and age may be required. Use of a false name or email address will result in disqualification.
4. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
5. Important notice: the Promoter is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation in the competition and it assumes no liability whatsoever for any entry that has been omitted from participation for any reason whatsoever. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or not received due to computer error.
6. The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The winner(s) is(are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas. Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions. In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value. The provider of the prize is specified within the promotional material for each competition.
7. The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
8. The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name and photograph and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by the Joburg Shopping Festival relating to any post-winning publicity.
9. Unless stated otherwise the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material. Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
10. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s) through social media announcements and direct messaging via the platform used to enter the competition. If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that the promotion is being judged the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges. Failure to respond and/or collect the prize, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements, may result in forfeiture of the prize. The winners must collect their prize from the Joburg Shopping Festival offices in Johannesburg, unless specifically agreed otherwise.
11. The winners agree to the use of their name and photograph and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by the Promoter relating to any post-winning publicity. The winners are expected to post at least once on their own social media platforms about their prize using the Promoter’s hashtag #JoburgShopFest and tagging the Promoter and prize sponsors where possible. This post should be done in a manner that reflects positively on the sponsors as well as the Promoter.
12. Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant.
13. In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.
14. These competitions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. The information you provide by entering this competition will only be used by the Promoter.
Love shop-‘til-you-drop sales?
Sign up for the Joburg Shopping Festival newsletter today to make sure you don’t miss a thing!
(We promise not to spam you!)